New Zealand's Fashions in the Field final and Ellerslie's most hotly-contested racewear competition, Prix de Fashion is the ultimate showcase of raceday fashion!
The most prestigious racing fashion event, Prix de Fashion is the national Fashions in the Field final with winners from the regional Fashions in the Field events around the country compete for the ultimate title in Raceday fashion.
This competition showcases the crème de la crème of Raceday fashion in New Zealand where on the day contestants join pre-qualified Regional Finalists from fashion competitions here at Ellerslie and around the country.
The winner takes all prize package in excess of $30,000 includes entry into the MYER Fashions on the Field competition held during the 2014 Melbourne Cup Carnival.
How to enter:
- Entry is free
- Pre-registration is now available here. All pre-registered contestants must stop in at the registration marquee on the day to update their outfit details and collect their contestant number
- On the day registration will be available at the registration marquee on the entrance driveway from 10.30am - 12.30pm
- Entrants must meet with and agree to the terms and conditions of this event
- All entrants must be over 18 years of age
How it works:
- There are no categories and men compete against women
- Entrants take to the runway where approximately five competitors will be selected by the judging panel as wildcards to go through to the Regional Final
- The Regional Final consists of racegoers who have won at competitions around the country and also at Ellerslie. These regional finalists are joined by the wild cards who made it through in the previous round
- From this regional final, five grand finalists are selected - one of which will be named as the Prix de Fashion winner for 2014!
The judging panel for 2014 is made up of Tracey Dalton who is the Head of Styling and Make up for TV3 who has been involved in the Fashion, Hair and Makeup industry for the past 30 years and Chloe Moo who recently won the 2013 MYER Fashions on the Field competition.
Two bespoke Natalie Chan millinery pieces to the vaue of $5,000
$4,500 worth of Westfield Gift Cards and a Westfield Personal Styling Session to the value of $500
$4,300 worth of Schwarzkopf Professional hair care products and $700 worth of salon colour services
A trip to the Melbourne Cup Carnival including four nights accommodation at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, two tickets to Emirates Melbourne Cup Day and two tickets to Crown Oaks Day with hospitality in the MYER Fashions on the Field enclosure on both days. The prize will also include transfers to and from the racecourse
What the judges are looking for:
Attention to detail
Appropriateness for the weather conditions
Watch this space for announcements about the 2014 competition coming shortly!
The winner in 2013 was Claudia Campbell who walked away with an incredible prize package valued at over $30,000 (pictured below)